Business Support, Configuration and Software Licence Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently recruiting for a Business Support, Configuration and Software Licence Manager based on their customer site in Fareham, Hampshire. This is a Full-time, permanent role, Monday to Friday to start ASAP. The role is paying up to £34,700.
We are looking for a keen individual whose attention to detail will ensure software records are maintained to a high standard utilising a newly installed SNOW software and asset management tool.
- To oversee all elements of Software licence management, including purchasing, renewals and maintaining contracts for software and applications.
- To be responsible for maintaining both hard and soft copies of software within a definitive software library.
- To maintain accurate records of licences held and utilised, as well as producing regular compliancy reports outlining the current licencing position.
- Software and hardware as well as recording and maintaining warranty information as well as handling returns.
- Reviewing software usage to ensure compliancy and identify cost savings.
- Working closely alongside the South West Configuration Manager to ensure licence and asset information is accurate and up to date within SNOW licence Manager and the Change Management Database.
- The role will incorporate elements of Change Management, working closely with other members of the Business Support team, The Service Desk, as well as the site technical and project teams.
- Manage and respond to any software supplier validation or audit requests.
- Maintaining excellent working communication channels with all departments and Support teams to ensure all software usage is accurately reported.
- Supplying statistical information and management reports as requested by the business.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve the Configuration Management Policy and Processes.
- Ensure all changes are recorded in the Change Management Database (CMDB) by working closely with Change Management, Service Desk, Business Support, Site and Technical teams.
- Ensure authorised Configuration Items (CIs) are recorded and manage the hardware disposal process at EOL.
- Significant amount of experience with Software Licence Management and an excellent understanding of current licencing models and practice.
- Significant proven experience in record keeping and reporting.
- SC clearance
- Experience with SNOW Licence Manager/Microsoft SharePoint/Hornbill SupportWorks
*The candidate must be willing to undergo a security clearance process if successful*