Programme Professional - Recruitment Account Manager
Location: Onsite at Client (GSK) Brentford location 2 days - various and/or TAPFIN - Southampton
TAPFIN has identified the need for a Programme Professional to join a successful established team and take responsibility for a specific section of the operational process and delivery of TAPFIN managed service solutions to GSK. The Programme Professional will be responsible for delivery and compliance and for ensuring a service driven culture.
As the Programme Professional you will account manage the contingent worker workforce, Statement of Work and outsourced requirements through the appropriate end to end engagement process on behalf of the client recruiting Hiring Managers. You will be responsible for ensuring that all requirements are managed against set process steps, milestones and budgetary guidelines whilst ensuring customer and supplier satisfaction through meeting set KPIs and SLAs.
Client Relationship Management
- Responsible for developing strong client relationships with all levels of management, up to and including Director level, creating high level relationships with recruiting line managers / business areas.
- Pro-active contractor recruitment planning with hiring managers.
- Assist hiring Managers with correct classification of contingent workforce requirements
- Manage the end to end recruitment process from authorisation, sourcing (via Preferred Suppliers), screening, offer and on-boarding. Ensure the selection, assessment and interview process is managed in a timely manner by the business.
- Manage and support the end to end statement of work process from classification to approval, onboarding and go live
- Responsible for candidate management, candidate experience and for promoting the client as an employer of choice at all time and via our suppliers.
- Building and developing client relationships to ensure productive and long-term relationships and exceptional standards of service delivery.
- Manage an established Preferred Suppliers List to ensure partnership and engagement at all times.
- Identify new suppliers to support any 'gaps in supply' of skills/roles. Supporting Contingent Worker Workforce Team Leader with supplier negotiations and contract set up as required.
- Manage the day to day operational relationship with the Preferred Suppliers, including rate negotiations.
- Support Supplier reviews as required by the programme.
- Ensure compliance internally and externally at all stages of the recruitment process
- Responsible for timely issue resolution that arise as part of the day to day operations, acting as a liaison among all parties and escalating to management as appropriate Throughout the engagement, may become involved with performance issues, rate adjustments and extensions - facilitate and monitor replacement process when appropriate
- Work with the client and supplier to facilitate the end of assignment for the contingent worker as needed
- Understanding program reporting and metrics to enhance processes and service delivery
- Recommend process enhancements to Contingent Worker Workforce Team Leader.
- Increase knowledge around GSK hiring and SOW policies - challenging managers who are dealing directly with suppliers or workers, limiting the negotiation opportunity
- Follow all required client's mandated procedures and polices during the exercise of their responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned by management
Key skills and experience
- Experienced recruiter at all stage of the recruitment process - either In-house or agency.
- Must have experience working within Light Industrial and working to union rulings etc.
- Ideally have knowledge of the contingent worker and statement of work process and related legislation
- Exceptionally strong relationship and influencing skills
- Plans ahead & organises both self and others effectively
- Manages priorities to achieve deadlines (internal and external)
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly results focused
- Highly organised with good time management skills
- Recruitment / resourcing background (preferably in outsourcing / managed vendor resourcing environment)
- Strong commercial focus
- Good presentation skills
- Self-starter - able to work independently off site and contribute as part of the TAPFIN team
- Must be able to travel and work throughout UK as requested
- Experience of managing suppliers / third party agencies
- Knowledge of working with e-Recruitment and Vendor Management System (VMS) technology
- Experience of a client facing role, including client stakeholder management and issue resolution
What's In It for You?
- Competitive basic salary and quarterly bonus.
- Excellent coaching culture and Talent team.
- Full benefits package including holiday, pension scheme and memberships
Interested in joining our vibrant results orientated team?
If you are an driven individual, looking to develop your skills within the recruitment sector, we would love to hear from you.
To apply or find out more call Sabeya 07515325251 or click 'apply'