Manpower are currently working with internationally recognised company who are set to open their new distribution centre that sends over 120,000 units a year to their customers.
They are moving their Distribution Centre into Stoke-on-Trent. They are looking for a driven and highly organised Distribution and Logistics Manager to be involved initially in setting up their remote distribution centre in Stoke-on-Trent. Thereafter you will then manage and optimise the distribution centre so that it can continue to sustain their throughput as they scale across the country.
You will be passionate about delivering high quality services, have an instinct for embedding lean practices and be able to adapt processes to ensure you are targeting your efforts where it adds the most value.
You will be responsible for managing the distribution centre, ensuring that it operates effectively and efficiently on a daily basis as well as continuously optimising it so that it can meet future demands as the organisation grows. You will also be responsible for making quality control a central feature of the distribution centre's operations. As the role requires you to have an intimate understanding of the distribution process you will need to be an active member of the distribution team contributing to daily build and fulfilment activities. You will also be in regular communication with the Operations team.
● Day-to-day management of distribution staff including planning and allocating work.
● Management of the staff rota and leave ensuring that the team is adequately and proportionately resourced 7 days a week.
● Management of our network of suppliers relevant to the distribution function such as our partners, postal services, couriers and printers. This will include ordering supplies, testing the market for new suppliers / more competitive prices, and creating a resilient supply chain.
● Overseeing the training and induction of any new distribution staff and ensuring their ongoing compliance to quality standards / SOPs.
● Overall management of stock ensuring that consumables are available to meet the demands on the service.
● Delivery of an effective JIT process covering appropriate availability of consumables.
● Scoping and implementation of a new digitised stock control system tied to current and future demand requirements.
● Implementation of a first in/first out system based on consumable expiry dates.
● Oversight of the development of the distribution footprint in new premises securing optimal work flow and processes.
● Daily review of key performance metrics to support optimal effectiveness and efficiency.
● Ensuring the distribution centre is meeting relevant regulatory and industry standards/best practice.
● Continued iteration of our distribution SOPs; guidance on SOPs.
● Operationalisation of new features of our back-end admin system relating to our distribution function and adaptations their contents.
● Undertaking daily unit build and order fulfilment
Skills & competencies
● A strong, proven background in managing distribution and fulfilment services.
● Proven ability to achieve results in fast-paced environments, using initiative where necessary and able to prioritise tasks.
● An accomplished planner with excellent organisational and time management skills.
● Intellectually curious, able to learn quickly with a problem solving approach to work.
● Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
● An excellent communicator and a team player with a collaborative can-do attitude who is comfortable working remotely in a different city to the main company HQ.
● Experience of embedding working practice that maintains the confidentiality and integrity of personal information.
● Very strong attention to detail and ability to encourage that quality amongst team members.
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please get in touch with Andy at the Manpower branch in Birmingham on 0121 631 2494 for a further confidential chat in which we can discuss additional perks.