Accounts Payable Assistant - Uxbridge - 6-12 Month Maternity
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSISTANT - MATERNITY COVER
£20,000 - £24,000 PER ANNUM
37.5 HOURS PER WEEK - MONDAY - FRIDAY
FLEXIBLE SHIFTS BETWEEN 08:00 AM - 17:30 PM
An exciting Accounts Payable Assistant vacancy has arisen to work for Manpower UK in our head office based in Uxbridge. The role will be covering a maternity leave cover for a 6 month period which may be extended up to 12 months dependant on when the maternity draws to a close. We are looking for an ASAP starter and the ideal candidate will be confident in communicating with clients both internal and external and have an excellent eye for detail. A good level of Excel knowledge is essential for the role and all training will be provided on the job.
- As part of the Financial Control team, you will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the "faster payments" process which will remain in the UK. This will be used where quick turnaround is required and for business critical payment activities such as subcontractors.
- You will provide support and cover to the Accounts Payable Team Leader and the Treasury and Banking Manager
- You will also provide administrative support for the UK activities of other outsourced teams such as scanning, filing, sending letters and other ad hoc duties as required.
Close working relationships are required within the Finance department and with all other operational and head office departments. Close relationships will also be required with the Delivery Centre in India.
The Accounts Payable Assistant is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the entry of "faster payments" process invoices are successfully completed within agreed timescales and SLA requirements
- Entry and processing of all urgent or non-standard payments (e.g. CHAPS payments, including foreign payments, HMRC payments, etc) within agreed timescales
- System Administration of Concur expenses system
- Visiting contract sites providing training and improving their linkage into AP
- Working closely with new contracts to ease transition from previous providers and establish processes to avoid double payment on invoices
- Review and reconciliation of vendor statements as appropriate
- Updating of vendor master-file as required
- Participation in efficiency improvement initiatives as required
- Maintain process documentation and user guides to ensure accuracy
- Provide cover and support to the Treasury and Banking Manager
- Assist the Financial Control team with the production of management accounting information as required
There may be a need for ad hoc activity as focus changes in the business. This could mean providing analysis for certain vendors, making site visits or general problem solving.
For more information on this role please contact me on 01895 205493 or email me at Jamie.Rogan @ manpower .co .uk
"Accounts Payable" "Accounts" "Financial" "Invoice" "Payroll" "Excel" "VAT"