1 day left
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a Packaging Technologist based at their prestigious facility in Port Sunlight Research & Development. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months, with possibility of extension, working a 37.5 hour week. This role is paying up to £32,000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
The job holder will have the chance to collaborate with and guide multi-disciplinary teams and external partners in order to create value and meet consumer. Also, he/she will have the chance to grow further and be supported by various training initiatives both inside and outside Packaging.
- Lead packaging testing activities, define and organise trials, understand and interpret results, make recommendations and build robust specifications.
- Manage Artwork approvals for packaging components in Blue System.
- Develop secondary packaging and pallet plans, ensuring efficiency and quality in transit
- Define and write technical specifications for both primary and secondary packaging.
- Transfer the accurate packaging specifications into the spec systems with guidance.
- Leading packaging development activities on new variant/brand projects such as providing technical guidance to suppliers, marketing and component & colour qualification
- Work and communicate effectively with different departments and suppliers to deliver against the project network timings and identify and manage risks.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science related areas (Recent graduate considered)
- 1-2 years relevant experience in packaging development
- Understand different packaging format (bottle, cap, jar…) and its manufacturing process
- Familiar with lab testing for different packaging formats
- Understand technical drawings and experienced of AW approvals
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate complex engineering and design principles to people at all levels of the business, across different functions.
- Possibility of minimal travel to Europe may be required
Apply for Packaging Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly