Deskside Support Engineer II
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer II based on their large pharmaceutical client site in Windlesham. This is a full-time, permanent role working 37.5 hours per week between 08.00- 16.00pm with a 30 minute lunch break to start ASAP. The role is paying £24,380 per annum.
As part of the role you will be providing a service which are predominantly end user workspace incident and IMAC's/PC life cycle with occasional hardware break fix and hands and eyes activities. The successful candidate will join a small team of engineers providing end user workspace (EUWS) support to the end customer. They will work closely with the customer so a high level of customer focus and the ability to communicate effectively is essential.
There may be an occasional requirement to backfill/assist on other local sites so a driving license and access to a vehicle is required.
- Managing site activities and workload to ensure SLA's are met. There may be some preparation and management of site documentation and assisting the team lead and account SDM with any escalations. Assist to ensure Health and Safety requirements are met and kept up to date.
- Second level support of the client and application software on a range of multivendor laptops and PC's as well as Apple equipment (iPads and iPhones mainly).
- PC lifecycle and asset management
- Other IMAC activities including office moves and software installations
- Support of mobile devices, mainly Apple iPhones and iPads
- A small amount of Hardware break fix may be required.
- Hands and eyes activities may be required on occasion to assist 3rd line support or partners.
- Be able to assist in the of management small projects/change. E.g. hardware or application updates
- Proactive meeting room checks to ensure telephony and AV equipment is fully operational.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Experience of supporting Windows 7 and Windows 10 client.
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Office suites including Office 365
- Experience of remote support using MSRA, Lync/skype and Remote Desktop
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work under pressure to meet SLA's
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to work in a team both locally and in a geographically dispersed environment
- A+ or other relevant certification
- A high level of customer focus
- Knowledge of smartphone support in particular iOS devices
- Knowledge of Service NOW call management system
- Basic network knowledge including TCP/IP and broadband
- SCCM application deployment
- Experience of working in a corporate managed service environment
The candidate must be willing to undergo the customers Agenda security clearance process prior to being accepted for the role.