Tech Bar Deskside Support Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT company, is currently seeking a Tech Bar Deskside Support Engineer based on their customer site in London. This is a full-time, temporary role, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week to start ASAP. The role is paying £20.41 per hour (LTD Contractor or Umbrella).
*PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE FULL SC CLEARANCE*
The successful candidate will have a broad level of experience in all the responsibilities shown below and will also be known as a fantastic team player. The role is reactive, and the successful candidate will need to be happy to work to resolve issues quickly, predominantly working alone and in busy periods juggling a number of jobs at the same time prioritising the most urgent.
The successful candidate will be the public face of the client IT department in what is their most high-profile office and you will need to be comfortable in dealing with people at all levels.
- Hardware/software issues - advice and help on common commodity services - Windows 7/10, MS Office 2013/16, Jabber, some experience of Apple IOS for iPhones & iPads. Basic knowledge of troubleshooting intel-based laptop hardware issues
- Resolve connectivity issues, WIFI etc
- 'How to' general queries e.g. (in MS Office products)
- Password resets (depends on access granted)
- Troubleshoot printing issues or help setup printer access on laptops
- Assist with Jabber queries
- techBar also has a stock of loan equipment e.g. laptop power supply's, headsets, mice, network leads etc so an inventory/log needs to be maintained
- SC clearance- please do not apply if you do not have valid SC clearance
- Customer facing skills
- Experience with Win 7 & Win 10
- Experience with break- fix
- Accurate with record keeping from issues resolved and equipment which has been loaned out etc.