Business Development Manager - Seafood
Manpower are currently working with a leading fresh produce supplier in Birmingham who are looking expand their sales team by introducing a Business Development Manager on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Business Development Manager, you will responsible for managing and growing a territory of existing customers, to generate new business by selling a range of frozen, fresh and chilled seafood products. To increase the profitability of accounts and achieve sales targets and cash margin in line with depot budget.
- New business target - minimum of two new accounts per week with an average spend of £200 with a minimum retention rate of 65%.
- In addition to the above, you will be responsible for managing your own prospect database and producing a growth plan for the area.
- Maintain an accurate account of visits by completing the daily report suites.
- To be able to complete and operate a comprehensive core cycle managing Q1 and Q2 customers and identify potential sales opportunities within Q3/Q4.
- All Q1 independent businesses must be visited each quarter unless otherwise agreed with the business director or sales director.
- To have a detailed knowledge of accounts by customer and category demonstrated at QBR Meetings, be responsible for trading performance and actions of accounts within the quarterly report.
- To achieve growth targets within the territory. Increasing your total NOBC, call line and new products, ADV and cash margin.
- Understanding the competition in detail, working with the site to ensure we overcome any objections.
- To be able to identify trends from computer generated statistics.
- The effective use of all sales materials such as the product list, NASSI file, Account opening procedures, down trader reports, daily and weekly sales reports, quarterly reports, trend analysis, comparison reports.
- Communicate with the national account managers where necessary, working together to develop a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of group accounts.
- Working in partnership with your designated account manager also building relationships with key personnel in the branch in order to create a team approach to achieving targets, sales growth and cash margin ensuring we meet our customers expectations through effective account management.
- Organisation and planning ability
- Ability to prioritise workload within tight schedule and adopt a flexible approach
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Negotiation and persuasion
- Credibility and trust
- Customer service
- Ability to be able to anticipate the needs of the customers
Induction, training and Key developmental tasks:
- Successful completion of induction and training module
- Season system, accurate order entry, report running, general data.
- Extensive fresh fish knowledge specifications, availability, also our full product range offering
- Understanding of discount structures, product and price list
- Awareness of branch procedures/policies and operations
- Company HR, health and safety and general policies
Should you wish to apply for this role, please do so online or call the Manpower branch in Birmingham and speak with Ryan Gillespie.