Customer Service Debt Management
- Undertake customer contact tasks to support Personal and Business banking customers, Managers and other key internal partners.
- Act as a point of contact for Personal and Business banking customers & provide expertise and act as a central referral point for the Business Recoveries department, the business and other internal and external business areas, including direct contact with customers, SRMT Units and Telephony units, Restructuring, Credit and third party suppliers: Solicitors, Debt Collection Agencies, Insolvency Practitioners.
- Early verbal interaction with customer, to ascertain means, Income /expenditure/ affordability to build correct picture.
- Review and challenge processes and participate in Root Cause Problem Solving activity to streamline processes and provide outstanding customer service.
- Work to clear quality standards and adhere to procedures such as caller identification whilst treating the customer fairly.
- Take ownership through to satisfactory and fair resolution whilst working within well defined guidelines and will be expected to use judgement within procedural constraints to resolve issues.
- Previous experience of working within a Debt Management/Collections & Recoveries environment desirable but not necessary and ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak to a varied range of customers and good communication with senior business management.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and approach work in an organised and methodical manner.
- Good understanding of and ability to use Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access).
If you have strong telephone customer service experience and are an excellent problem solver, you could join our Specialist Business Management team, part of Debt Management Operations. As a Customer Service Associate, you'll be helping us to effectively serve our customers, while acting as a key communicator between our Connect Local team and Specialist Business Management. Debt Management Operations deal with RBS, and NatWest customers who have exceeded their credit limit or failed to make one or more repayments to their account. Our primary objective is to return customers to financial health by helping them manage their debt and obligations to the bank. Whilst ensuring that we treat our customers fairly, we work with them to agree sustainable arrangements, at what can be a time of financial difficulty and personal stress.
What you'll do
Working as part of the Specialist Business Management (SBM) team, you'll support Business Banking to manage their flow of customers. By taking incoming calls, you'll carefully evaluate customers who have been referred to SBM against agreed criteria. You'll then provide expert and personal service that meets their needs and tailors solutions to reach a satisfactory conclusion for both the customer and the bank.You'll be the key communicator, offering feedback and supporting the smooth transition of customers. With a proactive approach, you'll address opportunities to enhance the customer experience. Additionally, you'll update actions and outcomes on customer records, and demonstrate a good understanding of credit stewardship principles.
What you'll bring
We're looking for someone with technical understanding of the debt management business, and an understanding of the business arena. Additionally, you'll have experience providing a great customer service over the telephone and you'll have a flair for asking the right questions. On a personal level, it's essential that you're an outstanding communicator, able to influence and negotiate effectively. A keen problem solver, you'll be adept at finding solutions and be able to have good conversations with other parts of the bank. As a Financial Services organization we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers.