Site Chemist (waste management & recycling)
Site Chemist - Waste Management & Environmental
My Client is a global leader in waste management, environmental protection, collection, recycling & secure destruction - with a diverse selection of capabilities for refuse & its end use. I am currently looking to engage a Site Chemist for an Environmental Waste Management Company on the outskirts of Liverpool, this is a great time to join the business as they are going through some big changes & growth.
Qualifications for the role: Minimum of HNC in Chemistry or related Degree.
Working 6-3, 1-10 rotating shifts, Monday -Friday - must commit to both shifts.
- As Site Chemist you will be responsible for the assurance of in-coming waste loads are receipted in line with BMS procedures.
- This role is both site & lab based
- Check goods & materials as they are received into the waste transfer site (outdoors & covered)
- Conduct solvent assessment
- You will ensure that the day's paperwork is scanned by close of business each day.
- Waste load routing, preparation and dispatch is completed to BMS standards, in a timely manner, to plan and correctly to avoid any non-conformance from receipting sites.
- You will also provide a technical management service to assist the Shift Manager
Your main areas of responsibility will be:
- Support and control the site's analytical testing and assessment requirements including all EA/UU technical issues.
- Ensure acceptance and dispatch operations are in line with the company's BMS, ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 systems.
- Identification and report on opportunities and trends in the site's technical control/analysis systems, so that the Company can effectively develop its continuous improvement programme.
- You will raise non-conformance's on any incoming loads in line with BMS procedures immediately
- Generation of load/dispatch paper-work in line with company & legislative requirements.
- You will also support, coach, train the junior Site Chemists to ensure outgoing exceeds incoming
- Maintenance of effective record keeping and documentation, to include the running of the sites stock control system, production records and in-process records.
- You will fully co-operate with colleagues in order to support the Company's efforts in growth.
Additional elements of the role:
- You will support maintenance & continuous improvement of the services provided.
- Always adhering to company Health & Safety policy & that of the Health & Safety at Work act (1974) - ensuring all incidents are reported & the relevant risk assessments are regularly reviewed
- It is essential that changes in regulation & legislation are closely monitored & addressed; with this in mind, the Company will support you in attending, & delivering regular training to ensure that you & colleagues are kept up to date with all necessary knowledge bases.
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in the business, with an eye on the carbon footprint & our future, you can make a difference.
Click apply, or give me call to discuss