This is a great opportunity to join the World leader in automotive refinishing products specialising in fillers, coatings, aerosols, adhesives and paint related products as a manufacturing operative
Recognised globally with sales in over 100 countries, we are committed to consistently providing customers with high quality products that professional technicians demand. Our heritage and 70 years experience in the industry, coupled with our continued investment in state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and reputation for innovation, ensures that your experience is nothing less than world class.
We has a comprehensive range of fillers and coatings and we are uniquely positioned to deliver solutions developed, tested and approved for the modern bodyshop. We know your reputation matters and that's why we is investing in future innovation, to help your team get it right first time, every time.
To manufacture our formulations to meet planned volumes and targets in accordance with safety and quality standards. Responsible for delivering manufacturing production performance targets by following agreed operating procedures and actively participating in continuous improvement methodologies to improve performance in terms of quality, cost, delivery, HSE and team development.
Content of position:
- Operate mixing and associated equipment
- Record and monitor performance v target in terms of HSE, quality, OEE, staff and waste
- Maintain an excellent standard of housekeeping
- Participate and contribute to daily briefings, MDI boards Tier 1
- Actively participate in safety, quality and continuous improvement activities
- Have a sound knowledge of systems and procedures and carry out all work in a safe manner, reporting any issues via the appropriate system
- Competent across all manufacturing in order that he/she can rotate regularly, recording performance, against targets, maintaining standards and raising issues with team members to resolve efficiently
- Challenges personal performance and develops own skills and supports the team to deliver consistent results
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the business and where the supply chain and manufacturing fits as part of the business strategy
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and application of continuous improvement tools in daily work and is capable of actively participating in improvement teams.
- GCSE/ NVQ level 2 (or equivalent) or 3 years' experience in manufacturing operations
- Ideally a qualification in maths and English - must be competent in numeracy to read and understand numbers, batch cards, interpret and manipulate data where required.
- Competency in interpreting data in business systems and entering key performance data
- Certified with forklift truck license
- Experience in manufacturing / process industry
- Excellent verbal communication and team work skills to work with colleagues to achieve individual and team targets
- Desire to champion the company values
- Good understanding of manufacturing - components to QC tests
- Logical problem solving skills
If you are self motivated , this is a great opportunity to join a company that's willing to invest in your future! you are applying for a full time permanent position.
Start dates asap