Deskside Support Engineer II
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking an experienced Desktop Support Engineer (Level II) based onsite at a global pharmaceutical company in Tadworth, Surrey. This is a full-time, permanent role Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm to start ASAP. The role is paying £24,380.00 per annum.
We are looking for customer-focused desk side engineer with a genuine interest in solving IT issues. The applicant should be technically competent, possess good written and face to face communication skills and be willing to collaborate with the wider Global IT support teams.
Based in Tadworth, Surrey, you will work within a team of 7, and also be a part of a UK team of 13. You will be supporting a customer who sets high standards for themselves and expects the same standards of their IT support provider.
Day to day activity includes resolving a wide variety of desktop software and hardware issues and requests, while minimizing disruption to our users. You are also the on-site hands & eyes support for the server, storage, telecommunications and network teams.
Located in private landscaped grounds, with access to parking, restaurant and a coffee shop. You will have access to a large library of courses and acceditations to help further your skills and developement. Benefits include workplace pension scheme, various flexable benefits including life insurance, health cashback plan, holiday insurance, private medical cover (medical cover comes in to effect after 2 years service)
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues on desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices
- Deploying and troubleshooting Microsoft Operating Systems, Office suite and other mainstream software
- Network connectivity troubleshooting and port patching
- Being the first point of contact for users issues and queries via the site IT kiosk
- Meeting room support, including Cisco Webex and general AV equipment
- Resolving malware and virus infections on users workstations
- Deployment and troubleshooting of Cisco VOIP phones, mobile phones and tablets
- Adhering to strict policies and processes around security and data protection
- Inventory management and maintaining accuracy of the CMDB
- Hardware Intrastructure configuration and troubleshooting and hands & eyes support (printers, servers, telecommunications and networking)
- Moving or installing IT equipment
- Tape back up management, and environmental checks
- Delivering fantastic customer service and ensuring SLA's and CSAT scores are on or above target
- Maintaining comprehensive and meaningful updates in the customers ticket handling system
- Ensure escalation process is followed and any issues are communicated to the HP teams, to the FDS management teams and to the Customer
- Educating and training users on a one to one basis on how to get the most out of their IT equipment
- Back fill other sites if/when required
- Experience of working in a customer-facing IT support environment
- Be able to demonstrate experience of software break/fix for PC's and Laptops, troubleshooting Microsoft Operating Systems, Office suite and other mainstream software
- Troubleshooting network connectivity problems on PC's and printers
- Experience of training and coaching users how to use their IT hardware and software
- Full driving licence and own vehicle
- Background checks will be required before formal offer is made
- Any industry recognized qualifications such as MCSE, MCITP, CompTIA A+ and Network+, CCNA