Manufacturing Retail Operative
This is your opportunity to join our Client who is a World leader in automotive refinishing products specialising in fillers, coatings, aerosols, adhesives and paint related products.
Recognised globally with sales in over 100 countries, they are committed to consistently providing customers with high quality products that professional technicians demand. Our heritage and 70 years experience in the industry, coupled with our continued investment in state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and reputation for innovation, ensures that your U-POL experience is nothing less than world class.
They have a comprehensive range of fillers and coatings and we are uniquely positioned to deliver solutions developed, tested and approved for the modern bodyshop. We know your reputation matters and that's why we are investing in future innovation, to help your team get it right first time, every time.
You will be working in their Retail department - To operate filling lines to meet planned volumes and targets in accordance with safety and quality standards. Responsible for delivering manufacturing production performance targets by following agreed operating procedures and actively participating in continuous improvement methodologies to improve performance in terms of HSE, quality, cost, delivery and team development.
Content of position:
- Operate automated and manual filling & packing equipment
- Operate packaging and labelling equipment and semi-automatic filling lines related to Retail kits
- Setup/changeover production filling lines in an efficient and effective manner. This includes full clean downs that need to be completed effectively and efficiently in the planned time frame
- Record and monitor performance v target in terms of HSE, quality, OEE, staff and waste
- Maintain an excellent standard of housekeeping
- Organise components required for production runs in a timely manner in order to keep the lines running and the OEE on target or above
- Complete paperwork clearly and accurately in a timely fashion
- Communicate clearly, effectively and professionally at all times and at all levels, including manufacturing, ensuring line performance is maintained
- Escalate issues over 5 minutes to your Line Leader
- Participate and contribute to daily briefings, MDI boards Tier 1
- Actively participate in safety, quality and continuous improvement activities
- Have a sound knowledge of systems and procedures and carry out all work in a safe manner, reporting any issues via the appropriate system
- Competent across all U-POL filling lines in order that he/she can rotate regularly, recording performance, against targets, maintaining standards and raising issues with team members to resolve efficiently
- Challenges personal performance and develops own skills and supports the team to deliver consistent results, adhering to scheduled break rota and ensuring staff are organised into the right positions and understand the tasks expected of them
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the business and where the supply chain and filling operation fits as part of the business strategy
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and application of continuous improvement tools in daily work and is capable of actively participating in improvement teams.
- Ideally a qualification in maths and English - must be competent in numeracy to read and understand numbers, works orders, filling records, interpret and manipulate data where required.
- Competency in interpreting data in business systems, entering key performance data and operating equipment with PLC's
- Experience in chemical filling & packing industry
- Excellent verbal communication and team work skills to work with colleagues to achieve individual and team targets
- Desire to champion the company values
- Logical problem solving skills
We are recruiting this as a Full time Permanent position, working on a shift rotation pattern between 6am-10.30pm Monday - Friday, some weekend work maybe involved in their busy periods.
If you are self motivated, tenacious and are willing to learn then this is the position for you!