Plant Operative Port Clarance
Production Operator based in Port Clarence
£9.00 per hour
A fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established company whose mission is to facilitate access to gas across Great Britain, even outside the mains gas grid!
Our Client is making significant investments in their Port Clarence operation with the introduction of automated cylinder handling and filling.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to a safety first operation and incident free workplace. Report any incident, injury or near miss and contribute to the hazard spot program
- Delivering production targets set by the shift leader/ lead operator at the start of the shift
- Safely operate machinery to meet production targets. Rotate on filling and workstation activities as required by shift leader and/or lead operator
- Contribute to continuous improvement through the elimination of defects in production and identify potential improvements to safe, reliable and efficient production to shift or lead operator
- Comply with all applicable work instructions, training, risk assessments and operational bulleting's
- Deal with problems as they occur during the shift and contribute to driving continuous improvement across activities
- Segregate, fill, and work station cylinders as well as undertaking stock checking activities.
As such we would like you to:
- High concern for safety
- Able to operate machinery and troubleshoot
- Able to identify improvement opportunities and defects, as well as tackle root causes
- Strong performance orientation
- Ability to understand production targets
- Able to react effectively to emerging issues and take action to remain on track to meet objectives
- Clear, open and honest communicator
- Take ownership of own actions, input, impact and career
- Strive for challenging targets and meeting your objectives
- Produce high quality work and on time.
Hours: You will be required to work 4 days on and you will have 4 days off. The working shift will be 12 hours per day. Each 4 day working period will alternate between front (0700 - 1900) and back (11:00 - 23:00) shifts.
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you!
Apply online or call Thomas on 0191 2320012