Apprentice CAD Technician
A great job opportunity for an Apprentice CAD Technician to join a progressive and forward-thinking company based near Farningham in Kent.
Your role will be primarily to support the Design Consultants with production of drawings and schedules. You will be involved with the coordination and implementation of office procedures, be a creative thinker, use initiative and work independently as part of the team. Most work involves both written and oral communication and requires relevant skills such as IT, organisational and presentation skills as well as the ability to multi task and work well under pressure. You will have a good understanding of technical, regulatory, commercial issues and design.
As an Apprentice CAD Technician, your role will involve:
- Receive and complete work in response to the Consultants requirements
- Complete the work in an accurate and timely manner and on a weekly basis
- Produce drawings/documents to the set office standards
- Identify training and development requirements to further your development
- Maintaining audit trail of documentation and time spent
- Work efficiently to contribute toward meeting annual fee billing targets
- Manage and maintain CAD block library, supplier literature and price lists
- Print, fold and collate drawing and document distribution both electronically and by hard copy
- Manage and maintain drawing issue sheets
- Manage and maintain online document control systems
- Assist with preparing presentation documents
- Apprentice Course Modules
- AutoCAD Design Software
- Revit 3D Design Software
- Product Training
As this role is an apprentice role the company is not expecting you to have experience in the above as you will learn the duties over time. However, some office experience and a keen interest in CAD design and drawings would be beneficial.
In return, you will benefit from 28 days holiday per year including public bank holidays and 3 additional days over the Christmas office closure. Sliding scale performance related bonus on completion of full financial year (April - March) and Auto Enrolment Pension.
Hours: Mon-Fri 35 hours per week 9am-5pm
Due to the office location you will ideally have a driving licence and your own car.
Interested in this role, based near Farningham in Kent? Please email your CV or contact me on 07483 340870.