Injection Moulding Technician
Injection Moulding Technician, Leeds
£25k plus shift allowance - (3 shift system)
12% - Early and late shift
33% - Night shift
Are you an experienced Injection Moulding Technician?
Do you have experience of Tool setting, maintenance and fault finding as well as quality checking?
Our client is a manufacturer and designer of instrumentation that operate in the UK and export markets. Due to an increased workload we are recruiting an additional staff member to compliment their current small team of 3.
As an Injection Moulding Operator, you will be involved in the setting and changing of mould tools, validation of new tooling and the analysis of defect, fixture or machining problems. Additional duties will include;
- Ensure optimisation of machines and equipment to achieve continuous production.
- Maximising production efficiencies by performing Lean, Kaizen and 5S activities and ascertain machine capability using SPC.
- Carryout tool changes to procedures and to standard tool change times.
- Working with development teams to introduce new materials, productions or processing technology.
- Identification of tooling conditions and repairs required.
- Perform regular quality checks at each stage of the injection moulding process, including 1st offs, last-offs and IPC.
Skills and competencies;
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Minimum of 2 years plastics injection moulding experience.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing desirable.
- Basic knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Familiar with analytical/diagnostic tools, SPC, 6's, SMED.
- Demonstrated hands on experience of tool changes, first & last off approvals & process start-ups.
- Experience of Setting machines / Optimising processes / Process trials & validation.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Injection Moulding Operator to secure stability and security with a reputable company. Don't delay, apply today!