Manpower is currently recruiting for an experienced Buyer to work on a 6-month contract for our client, The Open University based in Milton Keynes, starting as soon as possible.
About the Role
This position is to support the Category Manager with CSR related IT projects; you will provide a professional procurement service including, stakeholder engagement, tendering, commercial negotiation and supplier management. At all times ensuring that value for money is achieved and ensuring that procurement decisions consider financial, environmental, health & safety and ethical policies and regulations.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop sourcing strategies providing advice and guidance on potential procurement routes and evaluation approaches, having considered all key commercial and regulatory risks.
- Manage tendering activity in accordance with internal and external policies and regulations. Working in collaboration with key stakeholders, develop appropriate tender documentation ensuring sourcing projects are delivered efficiently and effectively. Provide advice on tender evaluation bidder engagement.
- To manage post tender negotiations, taking legal advice where required, with suppliers securing the best possible terms and conditions.
- Regularly prepare post tender reports, management information reports and savings reports.
- On a regular basis review and manage purchase requisitions allocated for action to ensure they are processed in line with University policy and procedures. Liaise with the requisitioner, Deputy Procurement Manager and suppliers where required to ensure the correct contractual documents are developed with the purchase order.
- Proactively assess and resolve procurement queries and issues related to projects or specific requisitions as required.
- Proactively build and maintain networks and working relationships with stakeholders across the University at multiple levels through the use of appropriate verbal and written communications (e.g. meetings, phone, email, reports).
- Undertake specific tasks and projects at the request of the Procurement Manager and Deputy Procurement Manager
Skills and Experience
- Be studying towards the Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent/relevant job-related experience.
- Have broad procurement experience ideally gained in the public sector with a large complex multi-site organisation.
- Have experience of working with staff at all levels to develop project sourcing strategies for key areas of spend.
- Have experience of preparing and drafting tender documentation under official EU procurement procedures.
- Have experience or knowledge of public sector procurement and EU procurement Regulations.
- Have experience of reviewing, drafting and negotiation of commercial contractual documents.
- CIPS Qualified
- Experience of working in higher education sector
- Experience of using sector wide consortia agreements
- Experience of using online tendering and purchasing systems.