COMPEX Gas Electrician
Are you looking for your next exciting permanent opportunity to join a leading utilities supplier as a COMPEX Gas Electrician, our client are currently seeking a COMPEX Gas Electrician, this role is field based working in the North West. This a full-time position paying up to £38221. You will need a clean driving license, as you will be supplied with a company van to carry out the role. You will be working a 42 hour week Monday to Friday.
As a Network Technician you will undertake a wide range of activities related to the maintenance, modification and repair of Electrical and/or Instrumentation systems across all gas transportation assets throughout the Cadent gas network in the North West of England.
You will be responsible for the inspection, testing & calibration of Instrumentation and/or Electrical systems on gas pressure reduction and storage sites. Supporting operational activities and other non-routine operations associated with fault finding and repair of Instrumentation and/or Electrical assets. You will assess the Asset Health condition of Instrumentation and/or Electrical equipment and systems and prepare fault reports. At all times you'll work to strict Health and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
As a Network Technician you will also be expected to:
Work alone with minimal supervision as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Keep accurate, up-to-date maintenance records and ensure our safety critical systems are available 24/7
- Maintain Instrumentation and/or Electrical assets to Cadent standards
- Deliver work in a timely manner to ensure completion within statutory requirements
- Supervise where appropriate contractors or third parties to ensure quality of work is delivered in a safe manner
- Train and mentor apprentices during their qualification period
- Participate in a standby rota to maintain standards of service
We're looking for people who act with pride, purpose and ownership to join us, along with:
- Previous experience in an Electrical and/or Instrumentation environment providing an operational maintenance service
- Knowledge of appropriate legislation, policy and procedures - including technical standards, maintenance procedures, relevant codes of practice, engineering instructions, safety and statutory regulations
- Hold a full valid UK driving licence
- Hold relevant Electrical and/or Instrumentation qualifications - including COMPEX EX01, EX02, EX03 and EX04, evidence of an approved electrical apprenticeship, 18th Edition Wiring Regulation's BS7671 and City & Guilds Inspection and Testing BS2391 or equivalent.
About our rewards and benefits
We'll reward you with a salary as above, plus allowances, access to our flexible benefits scheme and a pension plan.