An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a Hair Category R&D Scientist based at their prestigious facility in the Research and Development site at Port Sunlight. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 37.5-hour week. This role is paying up to £20,010 per annum, pro rata. Travel to Liverpool may be required.
This exciting role comprises working across all of the company's hair care brands to provide formulation support to enable innovation projects, as well as to develop new formulation capabilities and technical insights
The specific tasks associated with the role are summarised below:
- Support the Hair Category Innovation Programme through the formulation of new products
- Execute work plans to a high standard (with direction and support from workstream leader) with good time management & attention to detail.
- Prepare and characterise products at lab and/or pilot plant scale, including measuring rheological properties, physical/sensory evaluations and storage stability tests etc.
- Clearly communicate results and recommendations, via formal written reports, presentations and good lab note book keeping.
- A minimum of 3 A-C passes at A-Level standard (or equivalent), with at least one in a scientific discipline
- A degree (or equivalent) in a Science or Engineering discipline is advantageous but not essential.
- Experience working in a laboratory is desired
- Great people skills; building and maintaining relationships. Ability to work well both independently and as part of a wider cross-functional team.
- Proactive problem solver with analytical skills, attention to detail and an ability to interpret data
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about brands and their consumers & a creative thinker