Financial Reporting Accountant
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for an Financial Reporting Accountant based at their prestigious facility in Blackfriars. This is a full-time temporary role for a period between 18th Oct 19 to middle of March 2020, working a 36.25 hour week. Work pressure can be intense during January and February. Long working hours may be required. This role is paying between £27,200 and £34,000 per annum pro rata, depending on experience.
Details of the role
Production of our clients Annual Report and Accounts (approx 200 pages) is the biggest single task. The majority of the text in the document should be assembled during December and January. This will be followed by a period of intense activity throughout January and February during which time current year numbers are brought into the document and texts are finalised prior to approval by the Board.
Updating the ARA documents
The job holder will be required to edit text and tables using a designated software, for which training will be provided.
Management of information
Required to collect information from various sources (within GCAD and from other departments), organise it in logical order and accurately include it in the ARA.
Required to check accuracy of information (including arithmetical accuracy) entered into the report and to query any inconsistencies.
Maintain a high standard of control over the receipt and processing of changes to be made to the document, to ensure that these are properly authorised and that a full audit trail is retained. This is for both general process management and also to satisfy control requirements in connection with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. All documents will need to be filed in a logical order for ease of reference.
The annual reporting process involves preparation of other associated documents including excel spreadsheets, charts and the 20-F for SEC filling. The job holder will be heavily involved in preparation of these documents.
Our client files its financial statements with the SEC in XBRL format (tagging of financial statements so they are computer readable). The tagging process is performed by an external agency but the output requires a detailed review by our client. This roles incumbent will assist with this review training will be provided.
Ad hoc tasks will also be assigned depending on capabilities and time availability of the successful applicant.
- The candidate will be a semi qualified accountant
- Previous experience in financial reporting/auditing preferably with Big 4
- Good accounting and controls knowledge (deep technical accounting knowledge not essential)
- Previous exposure to XBRL will be an added advantage
- Assist in production of our clients Annual Report and Accounts up to point of readiness for bulk printing and electronic filing/publishing
- Production of other external financial reporting documents including quarterly announcement and form 20-F (for US reporting)
- Review of XBRL tagging
- Ad hoc related assignments within the Group Chief Accountantâ€™s Department (GCAD)
Other key skills and competencies
- Attention to detail, perfectionist tendencies encouraged
- Good standard of numeracy
- Good interpersonal skills
- High standard of English language including spelling
- Organisation/task management
- During the reporting cycles the job holder will have continuous access to unpublished and price-sensitive information. As such they will be required to exercise the highest standards of integrity and will be specifically designated as having insider status, which makes them subject to specific constraints regarding dealings in our clients shares.