Meter Reader Crawley / Horsham Area
1 day left
We are currently recruiting for a Meter Reader to join our client SSE who are the second biggest energy provider in the UK.
The vacancy is on a temporary ongoing basis.
The Meter Reader job involves reading and inspecting meters, enabling accurate bill production to the customer. With a clear focus on customer delivery, positively representing the company image and brand and delivering against the governance is an essential part of the role. A crucial part of this role is being an effective communicator as you will be required to also engage and promote the benefits of smart metering. You will be expected to generate smart meter appointments and hit a weekly target.
You will be a lone worker, travelling from home in all weathers; you'll walk from property to property to read the meters potentially walking up to 5 miles per day. You'll have a weekly target to hit, however you will have the ability to complete your 37 working hours in a flexible manner which is suitable to you and your lifestyle. Self-motivation and organizational skills are key! Your area service manager within SSE will provide performance information and deliver essential briefings to you as you join an already high performing team.
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Ability to read, record and inspect meters (Training to be provided)
- Full driving licence (No more than 6 points)
- Excellent Communication skills - being able to interact with customers on all levels
- Computer Literate
- Pass a criminal record check
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- 'Can do' positive attitude
- Excellent co-ordination and organisational skills
- Safe working anti-risk approach
- Customer focus skills - keen to go the extra mile
Sound interesting and the ideal job for you please apply to Manpower……….
Apply for Meter Reader Crawley / Horsham Area
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly