(with residential solar PV installation experience)
Our client, a leading UK Energy provider is seeking an experienced electrician with previous residential solar PV installation experience, to join their in-house electrician's team to complete the installation of solar photovoltaic systems at residential homes in the UK.
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Midlands (Nottingham, Leicester, Derby, Peterborough, Lincoln, Coventry)
Contract: Temp Ongoing
Hours: 40 hours per week
Benefits: Vehicle and tools provided
- Develop risk assessments and method statements
- Supervision of the solar PV install team
- Arrive at customer's site at agreed time and place
- Talk customer through the key points of the installation
- Where and when required transport equipment to site
- Follow and input to pre-work checks and point of work risk assessments
- Complete the installation of solar roof hooks, rails, other mounting systems, and PV panels
- When requested complete remedial works both on day of installation and post installation
- Clear and tidy site before leaving site and follow and input to post work check lists
- Maintain all tools and equipment
- Observe all health and safety practices and processes when on site.
- Core level 3 electrical qualification and apprenticeship - or similar
- 18th Edition
- 2 years + domestic electrical experience
- Experience of installing PV systems on various roof installations and using different technologies and products i.e. retro-fit (including flat roof) and in roof systems
- Detailed knowledge of all residential roofing materials and constructions
- Practical and technical solar PV experience.
- Working knowledge of computers (For commissioning and setup of monitoring systems)
- Working at height training and experience
- Ladder safety training
- Asbestos Awareness training (desirable)
- QCF aligned Solar PV installation or roofer course desirable.
- Valid safety qualifications e.g. Working at Height training, asbestos awareness, ladder safety, etc.
- Practical SHEQ experience preferably in PV business
- Experience dealing with customers
- Willingness to travel
- Full clean UK Driving Licence with no more than 6 points
- Inspection and testing (E.g. 2391, 2392, initial verification)
- EV installation/Qualification
- Experience working with battery storage systems.
Please note: You must be able to provide evidence of any relevant qualifications.
**Travel outside the area and overnight stays will occasionally be required as part of this role**
Apply for Experienced Electrician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly