SHEQ / Compliance Advisor
SHEQ Advisor- £30,000- Swindon, England
Our client provides an integrated waste management service and specialist consultancy for the treatment and final disposal at their clinical waste facilities.
They are now looking to recruit a SHEQ Advisor to advise and guide their southern sites on all aspects of health, safety, environmental and quality issues to ensure that the sites operate safely and effectively in line with current legislation and policies.
The main purpose of this position will be to effectively establish and manage a partnership approach with clients towards long-term waste management sustainability - providing waste advisory services to new and existing companies and where possible, charge for these services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the site to ensure than an effective and up-to-date hazard identification and risk assessment programme is in place.
- Oversee suitable and demonstrate design and effective implementation of risk reduction measure.
- Assist in assessments of new enquiries/customers for SHEQ suitability and in management of change process.
- Ensure SHEQ requirements are effectively communicated through site inductions and manage SHEQ compliancy programmes.
- Assist in control of the Occupational Health Surveillance programmes.
- Maintain and ensure ongoing compliance with the sites Environmental Permit and other relevant environmental legislation.
- Oversee the sites quality management systems - reporting monthly on quality performance.
- Assist sites in maintaining an effect and efficient management system.
- Work alongside customers to develop a waste segregation policy.
- Monitoring and auditing customers to ensure existing waste legislation; policies and procedures are being adhered to.
What We Are Looking For:
- Up-To-Date knowledge of HSE Legislation, Guidance and Standards.
- Knowledge of Quality, H&S and Environment Management Systems.
- Technical Experience and Knowledge of Healthcare Waste.
- Technical Experience & Knowledge of HTM 07 01 or ISO 14001.
- Degree in Science or Environmental Degree
*Please note that this is only a Brief Job Description, if you would like the whole job description, please apply and it will be passed to you within 24hours if you are suitable.
Apply for SHEQ / Compliance Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly