Product Development Lab Technician
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Radox, Toni&Guy, Sure and Dove, are currently seeking a Product Development Lab Technician for their skin packaging team. The role will be based at their prestigious R&D facility in Port Sunlight. This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months working a 37.5 hour week, paying up to £26,750 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
The Skin Cleansing Packaging team are responsible for the design and delivery of all primary and secondary packaging on a variety of projects. The Packaging Technician will be required to support the team on the delivery of new products through a series of key daily activities. These predominantly include the following:
> Lead all lab testing of new/existing products and deliver thorough reports to the program teams for effective analysis
> Management of lab stock
> Specification writing
> Artwork approvals
> Brand project management
Candidate Experience and Attributes:
- Experience in package consumer goods or packaging is desirable.
- Formal qualifications are not mandatory - people with backgrounds in laboratories, design, product development, factory or engineering are typically most suited
- Candidate must be organised and demonstrate effective time management skills, delivering work to agreed timelines
- Computer literate (training for applicable programs will be provided)
- They will need to respect the processes and safety requirements of a laboratory and speak up if processes are not being followed
- Exceptional communication skills - both verbal and written
- Whilst a demonstrated aptitude for lab work and product development would be beneficial, training will be offered, the most important thing is to demonstrate the necessary attention to detail and ability to work independently to succeed in this role