Deskside Support Engineer II
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Desktop Support Engineer II based on their customer site in Reading, with occasional travel to Egham and Newcastle. This is a full-time, temporary role to start ASAP running potentially for 6 Months. Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm, 37.5 hours per week. The role is paying £15.77 per hour (Ltd Contractor/Umbrella).
This is a customer facing role providing desktop support for the technical infrastructure of the client.
The role requires the candidate to
- Understand customer goals
- Identifies consequences of various solutions
- Develops project installation and escalation plans
- Trains users according to technical, release and security standards.
- Good communication skills, able to articulate technical solutions using basic explanations.
- Develop and test enhancements to business solutions.
- Understand and apply formal development techniques, install solutions of moderate complexity.
- Will involve customer technical liaison and the discussion and agreement of specifications.
- 2nd Line Support - In-depth knowledge of standard SW issues.
- Will develop specialised skills in 2+ areas
Skills and Knowledge required:
- Win 96/98, XP, Linux Win 7/10
- Experience using AD
- Label printers
- Printer knowledge
- Software installs
- Able to follow detailed instructions, processes
- Imaging, rebuilds
- Fault finding / diagnostic
- Project work
- High level knowledge of networks
Apply for Deskside Support Engineer II
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly