Manpower is currently recruiting for a DFM Engineer within the R&D team is to work alongside R&D design engineers to ensure new products are suitable for our production environment by developing appropriate processes and instructions for manufacture/configuration of new products. The role will also cover product life cycle management including obsolescence and cover maintenance and running of various R&D test equipment including our temperature-controlled calibration tables. This is a brand-new role in the business and to sits within the Electronics team based in outskirts of Bicester
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle the pre-production processes for all new product development projects in R&D making sure that the product is suitable for production and managing the handover with production to ensure they are a satisfied customer of the project.
- Work with the rest of the R&D department and Production to optimise our Production processes.
- Address obsolescence issues by identifying and approving alternatives and perform simple PCB re-designs where required.
- Perform internal and external design acceptance tests at the system and component level.
- Analyse manufacturing defects and produce regular reports with lessons learnt and action plans.
- Mechanical design of simple test jigs for use in production processes or testing.
- Develop and maintain design guidelines and checklists for Engineering. These should cover electronics, mechanical and test automation designs. Use company procedures, processes, and consistent styles. Write, issue and update hardware documentation; use version control.
- This role requires the candidate to have a degree in either Electronics or Mechatronics, or for the candidate to be qualified by experience.
- We require candidates to have a working knowledge or electronic circuit design, including the planning creation, testing of electronical equipment.
- Candidates will have competent knowledge of writing test scripts in Python.
- Basic mechanical design experience and appreciation of mechanical machinery.
- Use company procedures, processes, and consistent styles. Write, issue and update hardware documentation, use version control and document changes.
- Recognises the benefits of standardised working practices and documented processes and work instructions. Seeks to achieve high performance levels in hardware engineering using robust and well-designed processes that run smoothly, rather than through dramatic and exceptional efforts.
- Accountable for demonstrating commitments to appropriate decisions in a timely manner. Ensures that decisions are made based on company policies and guidelines and solving the emerging problems.
- A candidate with a high level of attention to detail will show that they care about work being done properly. They will set a high standard of professionalism and expects others to work to high standards too.
- Enjoys working collaboratively, with people inside and outside R&D department. Successfully achieves outcomes and results through other people.
- Sets high standards of professionalism and expects others to work to high standards too. Is rigorous and thorough.
- Clearly communicating technical and business subject matter in verbal and written communications. No grammatical mistakes. Keeps people well informed.
In return my client offers a competitive starting salary of £35,000 and in addition to the basic salary there is a standard performance related bonus of up to 8% paid in December and a discretionary June profit-share bonus. Workplace pensions are being offered in line with our auto enrolment legal obligations. Holiday entitlement is 27 days plus bank holidays - holiday year runs from 1st April - 31st March. Normal hours of work will be 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday with half an hour for lunch Due to the location of my client OWN transport is essential as there is NO public transport to the location which is based in the outskirts of Biceste
Apply for DFM Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly