Wet Laminator Required!
Wet Laminator required to join a reputable and fast paced company and manufacture high-quality GRP moulded components for use in boat construction. Trimming, preparation and assembly of moulded components and related assemblies to meet production targets as defined by Composites Manager.
Working as part of a team to produce high quality moulded components, you will be engaged in various activities associated with the manufacture of GRP mouldings to supply our production assembly line.
- Maintain and promote high standards of workmanship.
- Undertake any additional tasks that may be requested by management to meet the companies' objectives. To ensure best working practices are upheld and company HSE policy is adhered to.
- Cutting and preparation of Reinforcement and core materials
- Preparation and routine maintenance of production mould tooling.
- Brush and spray application of gelcoats, mixing and wet laminating polyester resins. Repair and finishing of gelcoat surfaces.
- Work to laminate drawings to prepare components for resin infusion.
- Trimming and grinding of demoulded components. Finishing and quality inspection of finished mouldings.
- Cutting, drilling and assembly operations.
- Assist in other areas of the manufacturing process as direct by the Composites Manager.
- Assist in the training of personnel including new production operatives as and when required.
- Ensure work stations are maintained in a clean and tidy state
- Ensure tools and other equipment are maintained correctly, reporting any breakages/faults to Production Manager
- Involvement in regular tidy-up of general workshop and yard areas.
- Uphold company HSE standards and report any shortfalls.
Qualifications and Experience
A good standard of general education is required. The company are looking for people who are wanting to build a long-term career and grow with them as they continue to develop. It is an exciting time to join them and you will enjoy years of success. You will need to have general appreciation and understanding of conventional workshop power and hand tools. The company are very fast paced and you will be required to work to deadlines. The salary for the role is £22,000- £26,000 dependant in experience.