A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a R&D Engineer with an expanding Electronics Manufacturer company based in Middleton Stoney. Working Monday - Friday 9:00-17:00 with a salary of up to £40,000.
As a R&D Engineer, the role is to research, develop and implement navigation algorithms and software processing systems for navigation data for post-process and real-time applications, to integrate into our products. The role is involved in all aspects of navigation software development from researching algorithms and feasibility to software release. The role requires a grounding in navigation theory, and good knowledge of software design.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research new ideas develop concepts and undertake investigative / feasibility work to develop and prove software navigation algorithms and processing systems for navigation data. Able to capture and communicate ideas and solutions verbally and in written technical documentation.
- Develop and implement navigation algorithms (including Kalman filters) and processing systems in software (C/C++ and other languages as needed). Requires knowledge of operating systems, including POSIX standard operating systems. Write test harness software to validate software.
- Develop software, post-process and real-time, covering the full software life-cycle. Capture customer/user requirements, then design, develop, test and maintain software, including release process, version control of software releases, and bug management. Write and maintain suitable documentation for designs to describe functionality, their use and reasons for design decisions.
- Develop and maintain software libraries and general software. Install, use and maintain tools (e.g. development environments) needed for software development.
- Work both as team member on larger software projects and manage own smaller software projects; plan, track and manage development tasks. Work to deadlines and adapt plans as necessary to meet project objectives. Work collaboratively with people inside and outside R&D department to successfully achieve outcomes and results.
- Use company procedures, processes, and consistent styles. Adhere to coding standards when developing software. Maintain software traceability, update software documentation, use version control for all software and document changes.
- Provide expert help for the support team by analysing interesting and unusual customer data, with the aim of helping the customer, improving the results and improving our software.
- Investigate ideas, suggestions and problems related to existing and new software products raised by staff, reps and customers, communicating and responding to ensure issues are resolved promptly and appropriately.
- Develop microprocessor software in C/C++ covering the full software life-cycle.
- Understand real-time and embedded software concepts such as ISRs and multi-threading data communication
- A strong understanding of the full software life cycle, adhering to and improve existing processes for capturing customer/user requirements, development and test, software version control testing and bug tracking
- Able to formulate test plans and plan testing to ensure the quality of the product
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Understand basic data structures, low level C features, able to develop simple algorithms such as encoders/decoders for real-time data communication
- Knowledge of Pythons or other scripting languages to automate processing steps, analyse data and develop small applications
- Develop, test and deploy robust algorithms working on real-time systems
- Install, use and maintain tools and technologies needed for software developments
- First degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics or an equivalent science-based subject
- Salary package including a personal performance bonus of up to 8% plus a discretionary profit share bonus
- Workplace pension scheme
- Holiday entitlement of 27 days plus bank holidays
If you`re interested in joining our client as a R&D Engineer in Middleton Stoney, Oxfordshire. Please contact us for more information or apply online today.
Apply for R&D Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly