Production Operative Days
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
We are seeking to recruit Production Operatives to perform key production tasks within the cylinder filling plant. The focus of the roles is driving high performance through teamwork, fostering a culture of problem solving and continuous improvement, as well as ensuring the safe and efficient operations of the plant.
Hours: Your hours of work will be based on a 42.5 hour week.
Monday to Friday 7 am- 4 pm + overtimes
Key responsibilities will include:
* Contribute to a safety first operation and incident free workplace. Report any incident, injury or near miss and contribute to the hazard spot program.
* Operate within and comply with all SHE, including expected PPE, guidance
* Obtain UKAS Inspector Accreditation
* Ensure understanding of Calor standards in the cylinder filling process
* Segregate cylinders in line with mandatory specifications
* Recondition cylinders in line with mandatory specifications
* Ensure work area is kept tidy
* Report hazards and equipment defects promptly
* Scrap cylinders in line with mandatory specifications
* Carry-out faulty cylinder investigation and reporting
* Be available to cover productions runs at short notice, with additional hours as required
* Participate in weekly stock checks
* Contribute to continuous improvement throughout the filling plant operation and identify potential improvements to safety, reliability and efficiency to Shift or Lead Operatives
* Comply with all applicable work instructions, training, risk assessments and operational bulletins
As such we would like you to:
* Have high concern for safety
* Have demonstrable experience from working within production environments (ideally experience of working with hazardous materials)
* Written and numerical comprehension
* Ability to read and comprehend specific work instructions and legislation
* Ability to follow instructions and understand the importance of such
* Stock taking experience
* Ability to record key data during the reconditioning process
If you are successful in being offered this role, you will be required to carry out pre-employment checks including: 5 year address history, 3 year employment history, and criminal record check and be medically fit to work.
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn.
If this sounds like you, please apply! We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.