P/T Qualified Practice Lead - Healthcare- 25 Hrs - Coventry
QUALIFIED PRACTICE LEAD - MENTAL HEALTH
£25,924 PER ANNUM
25 HOURS P/W - 18:00 PM - 11:00 PM - MONDAY - FRIDAY
My client are a nationwide charity providing a wide range of support to people with mental health needs. They believe that, with the right personalised support, anyone with a mental health need can live the life they want to live. It is their vision that everyone gets the personalised services and support they need.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Will lead the team when on shift
- Work as part of the team to deliver the aims of objectives of the Haven.
- Promote and support service user and carer involvement
- Respond to the needs of people in an honest, non-judgemental and open manner which respects the rights of individuals and groups.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure that services are delivered to the highest standard and in accordance with most recent evidence based guidance.
- Be personally accountable for their own professional practice that will be delivered in accordance with the legal and professional responsibilities outlined by the Nursing and Midwifery or Occupational Health or Social Work.
- Ensure that services are provided in a safe and supportive environment and at all times adopt a professional approach to work, promoting a positive image to Haven users carers and families other professionals and the public.
- Act in a way which reflects the word and spirit of the Havens values and principles.
- Ensure Recovery and Safety Plans are completed for each user if required
Clinical Professional Issues
- Be a professional role model for the delivery of high quality services.
- Deliver care in accordance with the most recent evidence based guidance and research.
- Promote and support services users and carers involvement in the decision making process.
- Work as part of a team to ensure appropriate risk assessments are undertaken where required.
- Ensure that Recovery plans are evidence based and address the needs of the individual user where required
- Always work in accordance with relevant legal and ethical requirements e.g. Mental Health Act 1983, NICE guidelines, Models of care, Code of professional conduct, health safety at work etc.
- Participate in a process of change and development in order to improve the quality of service delivery.
- Make sure of effective interpersonal skills in relating to Haven users, carers and family and fellow team members.
- Ensure a multi professional approach to care is maintained respecting the diversity of colleague's roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure professional guidelines are adhered to in respect of record keeping.
- Participate in the process of clinical supervision both as supervisor and supervisee.
- Participate in the process of individual performance review (appraisal) and personal development planning.
- Ensure that the physical and psychological wellbeing of each individual Haven user, carer and family is the foundation of care delivery.
- Degree level (or equivalent) training in a health or management subject.
- A commitment to Continuing Professional Development and record of achievement.
- Experience of all aspects of staff management.
- Experience of management, including project, service and operational management.
- Experience of managing and delivering to agreed budgets.
- Experience of performance management and performance appraisals.
- Experience of setting and delivering to agreed targets.
- Experience of recruitment.
Skills and Knowledge
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication skills and skills to manage key relationships with stakeholders both within and external to the organisation.
- Knowledge and skills of financial management (business case, business planning, budget setting and management).
- Ability to use data management systems, and analyse and interpret the data for use in writing reports and planning services.
- Knowledge of legislation and its implications for management
- Excellent interpersonal skills enabling good working relationships with others internal and external.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism in the face of conflicting priorities and agendas.
- Calm and able to defuse difficult situations.
- Ability to inspire others and lead
- A commitment to performance management
- Works well under pressure, is motivated and proactive.
- Willingness to work flexibly including evening and weekends if required.
- Good organisational and time management skills, ability to plan and prioritise own work load.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Capable of independent travel
For more information on this role please contact me on 01895 205 493 or email me at Jamie.Rogan @ manpower .co .uk
"Practice Lead" "Mental Health"