Customer Service Assistant
We have a fantastic opportunity to work with our client as a Customer Service Assistant based in Hemel Hempstead. You will be working 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day. This role is paying £14.00 per hour PAYE, this is a temporary role (until March 2020) we are looking for someone to start immediately.
Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the order management Business Operations Specialist, this position is responsible for delivering world class customer service, proactive sales support and solution-orientated customer service through timely and efficient inside sales support, working closely with the outside Sales team and acting as a point of contact for our customers.
- Phone system: Ensure incoming telephone calls are answered with minimum delay and with the best possible service in the eyes of the customers according to all time set targets
- Incoming Order workflow: Handle all incoming flow of RFQ`s, PO`s, Returns or other relevant emails to create the optimum workflow to respond to all customer in the correct and timely manner
- Quotations: Ensure price enquiries/quotes are responded to within a timely manner. Issue calculators and request discount approvals. Consider lead times with Demand Planner, Customer Service/Order Management & Supply Chain if necessary
- Proactive Inside Sales: Act as responsible contact for all sales-related customer demands/questions/requests, providing technical support to customers and pro-actively handling customer complaints, in collaboration with the Customer Service Advisor team, Customer Service Administration Team Product Management team and Regional Sales team. Keep up to date with innovation changes HA, Third party and competitor's offerings.
- Email queries and customer request handling: Review all incoming emails on day of receipt and take necessary action to reply or forward to most appropriate person
- Master Data: Ensure all new or amended customers relevant master data information is passed to the appropriate department; improve the Master Data to maximize the business results
- Business acumen: Support Credit Control Department with customer communication relating to Account Receivable (AR) / Debt issues, act as one team with Credit Control to maximize the customer satisfaction and minimize the business risk
- External Sales & Commercial Excellence Support: Support Regional & Sales Manager to ensure customer requirements are fully understood and create a knowledge sharing environment with our customers so improvements in information and product flow are achieved.
- Opportunities tracking: Follow up of quotes and opportunities, trying to convert quotes in to orders
- Vendor Questionnaire: Respond to all Vendor questionnaires within the acceptable customer return time
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commercial apprenticeship or technical apprenticeship with strong commercial background
- 2-5 years' experience working in a commercial customer-facing role, preferably in an (Inside) Sales position in an international work environment
- Experience working in an industrial/manufacturing environment an advantage
- Experience working with CRM/ERP systems and understanding of how CRM/ERP system business processes.
- SAP Experience and advantage
- Experience issuing and following up Sales quotes preferred
- High level of MS office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to build relationships and networks in a virtual team environment
- Strong team player with the ability to take ownership
- Ability to identify with our product range and be passionate about selling it