Temporary School Support Assistant
Manpower are recruiting for a school support administrator to work on a full time two month (initially) assignment at the university of Leeds.
As a School Support Assistant your main duties will include:
- Assisting academic colleagues and postgraduate researchers in scheduling, organising and delivering events and activities including related administration.
- Organising, supporting and minuting meetings within the School as required.
- Sourcing and raising purchase orders for services (e.g. catering, travel and accommodation).
- Assisting in providing advice and guidance to colleagues regarding procedures in place relating to School activities.
- Assisting with the management of School budgets through accurate record keeping.
- Contributing to maintaining online and paper resources and records
- Act as Fire Warden and First Aider requiring regular training and updating on University procedures.
- Providing cover for other members of the School Support Team.
As a School Support Assistant you will have:
- GCSEs in Maths and English at grade C (or equivalent) or above or relevant experience
- Evidence of excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise jobs/workload and work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Evidence of working within procedures with accuracy and attention to detail
- Evidence of excellent computer literacy skills, with experience of using MS packages, in particular Outlook for calendar and email management
- Evidence of good communication and interpersonal skills in a work environment
- An ability to work well as part of a team in a flexible manner and independently using your own initiative
- Extensive experience of successfully organising events for 20 to 100+ participants
- Experience of servicing and minuting formal meetings
- An understanding of the diverse nature of the University community and a willingness to work with staff, students and visitors from a wide range of backgrounds, upholding the University value of inclusiveness
If this could be the perfect assignment for you then please click on the link below to apply now!