Temporary PA to the head of School
Manpower have an excellent oppurtunity for a temporary PA to work on a 3 month assignment at the University of Leeds supporting the head of school.
As a PA to Head of School your main duties will include:
- Delivery of high quality PA support to the Head of School, including proactive diary management, correspondence management, ensuring they are prepared and briefed for meetings/events, ensuring regular de-briefs take place and actions are taken forwards, making complex travel arrangements both nationally and internationally, providing high quality and professional office hospitality to visitors, committee servicing and organising events, proactively responding to enquiries and taking appropriate action.
- Delivery of high quality PA support to other members of the School Management Team as directed by the Head of School/School Support Co-ordinator, including proactive diary management, organising meetings, preparing meeting papers, making complex travel arrangements both nationally and internationally relating to business development activities and co-ordination of event organisation with other School Support Team members.
- Preparing responses to correspondence, drafting and preparing reports, presentations, on behalf of the Head of School, and other members of the School Management Team as directed by the Head of School/School Support Co-ordinator.
- Supporting the Head of School, and other members of the School Management Team as directed by the Head of School/School Support Co-ordinator, with initiatives and projects, leading on areas of work.
- Developing contacts and building effective working relationships internally and externally, liaising and networking with colleagues and external individuals and organisations as appropriate.
- Developing, maintaining and improving systems alongside other School Support Team members to ensure the effective flow of information within the School and with other areas of the Faculty and University.
- Servicing School Management Team and School Meetings including scheduling meetings; booking venues; preparing agendas; producing minutes; circulating papers and following up on actions.
- Proactively maintaining the repository of Memoranda of Understanding with other organisations, and similar documents, ensuring they are reviewed, renewed and distributed as appropriate.
- Creating and maintaining an efficient system for storage and timely retrieval of confidential paperwork/electronic documents including making suggestions for improvements where appropriate and ensuring that the system is properly documented so that, when necessary, it can be operated by others.
- Provide cover for other members of the School Support Team as required.
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of the post.
What will you bring to the role?
As a PA to Head of School you will have:
- Educated to GCSE (including GCSE grade C or above for English and Mathematics) level or equivalent
- Extensive experience of working as a PA at a senior management level within a large and complex organisation
- Experience of organising and supporting meetings and events that require complex arrangements
- Experience of servicing senior meetings, including writing concise and accurate minutes and briefing reports
- Excellent IT skills including experience with MS Office, internet and email and the ability to use these to process data and provide information
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and proactively, including the ability to master complex issues and material
- Demonstrate ability to organise and prioritise a varied workload and work to tight deadlines
- Evidence of reliability and able to function in a demanding environment with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work successfully as part of a team