Digital Internal Communications Executive
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client a blue chip FMCG company with brands such as Walls, Persil, Magnum and Knorr are currently seeking a Digital Internal Communications Executive based in Kingston-upon Thames, Surrey. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of up to 3 months, working 36.25 hours, Monday-Friday. This role is paying between £31600 - 35K per annum pro rata, depending on experience.
The Global Communications function supports the business' ambition of doubling the size of the company while reducing the environmental imprint, through the implementation of a single, global communications strategy and annual plan.
The Global Digital Corporate Channels team works across two related global expertise areas: External and Internal Channels and their associated digital activities.
The Internal Digital Engagement team has a dual role including managing award-winning global communication channels such as the online internal news service and intranet homepage and supporting our colleagues in getting the best out of digital communications. The team's purpose is to engage employees in the business's strategy, efficiency measures and sustainability plan, activities and campaigns.
Working as part of this team, you'll be part of a dynamic and exciting environment, working on high profile channels and projects.
The role's key objective is to develop content, implement functionality and measure engagement on our internal global channels.
Specific channels include:
- Intranet Homepage - the single landing page for all employees, providing personalised news, information and services
- The News Centre - our global online employee news service, including the Friday News Centre review
- Our online information and reference site about the business
- CEO's global email
- Coordinate with the Global Content Team on content scheduling, advising on digital best practice and layout
- Produce reports to demonstrate how content is performing.
- Manage the day-to-day running of the Home Page - including booking and updating the promo banners and 'My Events', managing Curated content links with the Content team and monitoring performance and analytics on the page.
- Advise stakeholders on the best use of features on the home page and provide advice on alternatives where appropriate
- Manage the day-to-day running of the News Centre including working with an external agency on the publishing of content, answering any queries and helping resolve challenges, monitoring comments and responding to ad-hoc enquiries.
- Ensuring any technical issues are fixed in a timely manner and overseeing minor technical enhancements.
- Create, send and measure the success of the Friday News Centre review email.
- Work with comms colleagues in the markets, functions and divisions to promote use of the News Centre Review email, onboarding them and assisting with any queries they may have.
- Share relevant content with the MCOs (multi-country organisations) on a weekly basis, monitor publication of the content and measure engagement in that content.
- Research appropriate communications industry awards and work with the relevant Senior Digital Engagement Manager (Internal or External) to develop the entry submission.
- Supporting a senior digital team with channel management against a defined employee engagement strategy
- Day-to-day management of digital channels and content in a global communications team or function
- Channel management
- Development of digital tools
- Editorial planning