Mechanical Design Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer based at their prestigious Research centre at Colworth Science Park in Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire (MK44), just 40 minutes' drive from Milton Keynes.
This is a full-time position for a period of 6 months, working a 37.5 hour week. This role is paying between £25K-£30K per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
The role is about supporting the design of prototype equipment in close partnership with teams that include: R&D; Pilot Plant; Marketing; Supply Chain; Procurement, as well as key external partners & suppliers. The candidate shall keep up to date with emerging food trends to deliver new machines and processes for sustainable new products that delight consumers.
Key skills required would be:
- 3D CAD software
- Familiar with forming and fabrication techniques
- Basic appreciation of simulation using CFD, FE, Simulink, & dynamic simulation tools (training available).
- Risk analysis and management
- Creative problem solver
- Well organised, preferably with some familiarity with continuous improvement methodologies including: 6sigma, TPM, Lean manufacturing
- Team player in a multi-cultural, multi-discipline environment
- Fluent English & strong communication skills
Relevant experience would be:
- Degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, or equivalent apprenticeship and experience
- Proven experience of implementing new technology in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years design experience
- Food Industry awareness preferred