Commercial Contract Support Officer
* PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A TEMPORARY CONTRACT WITH MANPOWER & IS BASED IN THE CENTRE OF BRISTOL (NO PARKING)*
The role of the CSO supports the business in securing external resources to deliver work packages in line with the funding available. The CSO provides support to those managing packages of work by helping them with a variety of standard business processes / systems / tools and liaising with appropriate internal stakeholders. The CSO also provides management information to delivery teams to ensure that the current portfolio of work is matched to the internal and external resources and budgets available, and reallocated as effectively as possible when priorities change.
The support includes but is not limited to:-
- raising orders for the spending of monies on goods and services,
- ensuring that accruals/goods receipts are in place,
- managing external budgets during the year, making changes where needed,
- securing changes to planned levels of internal resource,
- problem solving on behalf of those managing packages of work to ensure good control, wherever this is appropriate and
- input at progress meetings where required to provide supporting information to those managing the packages of work.
- Ad-hoc support, in line with Business needs
- Established knowledge and skills related to the internal systems and tools used in the delivery of Commercial Management.
- Able to provide guidance and advice about financial and contract management to help improve budget control and commercial awareness.
- Previous experience of providing high quality proactive support to others.
- Strong numerical skills, able to interrogate, analyse and report data.
- Good experiences of Microsoft Office software in general; in particular excel skills for reporting and analysis.
- Clear bias for action with healthy questioning attitude.
- Ability to complete tasks to deadline.
- Ability to work on own initiative, identify problems and solve them to drive performance improvements.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to actively build and develop strong working relationships across a variety of diverse teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for provision of high quality support to others, with a proactive approach.
- Excellent team player with strong ability for collaborative working.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new processes and tools quickly, not afraid to be in the 'deep end' to start with.
- Flexible, adaptable and speedily reactive to urgent situations.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to act as a Mentor to standardise knowledge and process adherence.
- Displays behaviours for success.