Assistant Communications Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for an Assistant Communications Manager based at their prestigious facility in Kingston (with working in Blackfriars on average 2 days per week) This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 4 months, with possibility of extension for the right candidate, working a 36.25 hour week. This role is paying between £31,600 and £39,500 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
Please note; ASAP start required, no more than 1-2 weeks' notice period.
Context and scope of team
Our Communications function is the engine room that drives and supports our client in realising our Compass ambition of business growth whilst reducing our environmental footprint and increasing positive social impact. We focus on championing sustainability as a driver for growth and building the business case both internally and externally. As the global economic, political and societal environment becomes ever more turbulent and challenging, building the business case for driving long term value for our shareholders, consumers and employees, as well as the wider communities we operate in, becomes increasingly important.
The role works closely with other areas of the business, including HR and Legal, the Brand team, Digital Transformation team, Chief Sustainability Office and brand teams as well as external partners. It plays a key role in the implementation of communication campaigns and programmes designed to engage and influence internal and external audiences, activating in all our markets around the world.
The position requires a candidate who has experience working in a communications function, a positive and can-do attitude, shows initiative and can successfully interact with both the international communications network and external stakeholders. The job holder must be capable of managing their time effectively while working on multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines and must demonstrate a genuine interest in contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Living Plan and building corporate reputation.
Relevant Experience and key skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to confidently and independently devise and deliver a work plan against simultaneous, multiple tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to join the dots across the business, identify synergies and drive efficiencies
- Experience of working in media relations.
- Good working knowledge of social media channels and content.
- Flexible and agile mindset to comfortably move across projects within the team when required
- Shows creative flair for challenging the status quo by generating innovative ideas and solutions
- Comfortable with taking accountability for high profile projects within the business
- Ability to build relationships with an international network and influence key stakeholders across different levels in and outside of the organisation.
- Delivering and landing global campaigns with impact in the business and strong, measurable results
- Candidate must be highly self-motivated and have ability to cope with demanding workloads and frequent tight deadlines
- Excellent project and budget management, Strong admininstration and Data entry skills
- Digital, including content management systems, websites, SharePoint.
- Strong PowerPoint, word and excel skills (project management and multiple stakeholder presentations)
- Curious mindset to learn, grow and develop their career journey