Senior HR Advisor
Our client, The Open University is a public distance learning and Research University, and one of the biggest universities in the UK for undergraduate education. Their innovative and inclusive approach to education has seen 1.89 million people, all over the world, realising their educational ambitions by studying with the University since it opened in 1969.
The staff are committed to putting their students first and to supporting them to realise their potential. Study with the OU is more than just education - it is life changing learning, do you want to be part of this team?
The OU is looking to recruit an experienced Senior People Services Advisor to join them ASAP for 6 months, working full time based in Milton Keynes. This will be a 6 month FTC with the possibility of extension afterwards and you will be employed by The Open University.
The People Hub provides administrative and advisory support to all Open University staff and underpins our people strategy and vision. You will work with colleagues and the Head of People Hub to provide information, advice and guidance and a first class, customer focused and best practice service to staff and managers.
As a Senior People Services Adviser, you will be part of a team that will:
- Act as case manager to support managers and employees through complex processes or enquiries.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of all People Services policies.
- Proactively work with managers to find resolution to cases.
- Coach managers to upskill and gain confidence in dealing with complex processes.
- Support professional development and continuous improvement of colleagues within the Hub
- Work collaboratively with all People Services to promote effective service delivery.
- Full working knowledge and understanding of HR legislation/employment law, principles, policies and procedures
- Experience of case management working to tight deadlines, juggling multiple priorities and cases, managing time effectively
- Experience of answering and actioning diverse queries relating to HR policies/guidance/process, using a wide range of information sources
- Experience of working in a HR environment handling multi-channel communication and coping with a high-volume workload
If this is the ideal role for you, please apply today!