Data Centre Infrastructure Support Specialist
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Data Centre Infrastructure Support Specialist II based at a well-known banking group's data centre in Lewisham and London Docklands. This is a full-time (37.5 hrs), temporary role running until 31st March 2020 Monday to Sunday (on a rotating shift pattern), working 12 hour shifts between 7am and 7pm, 24/7 365 to start ASAP. The role is paying up to £22.26ph / £166.95 per day (Ltd/Umbrella), depending on experience.
Individual will be responsible for day to day support of the Data Centre technical infrastructure & services (networks, systems). Covering from the physical delivery through to installation, maintenance and ongoing support on various hardware across a multi-vendor environment.
Hardware predominantly consists of H P, Dell & I B M x86 ISS servers, including Proliant & Blades, also includes some Oracle/Sun hardware and various network devices.
Candidate should be able to complete Data Centre cabling activities installing, termination and testing of all data centre interlink cabling & patching using CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A & fibre optic single & multi-mode
Candidate will also be expected to provide support to Data Centre Facilities management with activities such as but not limited to IMAC work, escorting external resources, inventory management and access request processing.
Responsible for the delivery of services within the DC
- Installations, maintenance, and repairs on customer equipment.
- Installation, termination and testing of all data centre interlink cabling (i.e CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A, fibre optic)
- Strong Customer relationship skills and ability to manage complex customer problems
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met. Handles customer-relations problems promptly and appropriately.
- Ensure all calls are resolved within the agreed SLA's, ensuring calls are escalated when required and customers are updated until resolved.
- Display calmness and the ability to solve problems under pressure.
- Team player and strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Strong Customer relationship building skills. Ability to manage complex customer problems
- Good knowledge of H P, I B M & DELL ISS & Blade x86 architecture servers.
- Experience of copper & fibre patch cabling in DC environment, including dressing, labeling and termination.
- Knowledge of ESD working practice
- Sound knowledge of general Health & Safety
- Good server hardware knowledge - understanding of server models, upgrades options, hardware components
- Datacentre - General knowledge of DC environment, IMAC & Cabling
- Experience of working in named Datacentres
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Good knowledge of Service Now (SNOW)
Apply for Data Centre Infrastructure Support Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly