A thriving courier company is looking to take on a Shift Supervisor for their Laois site. Within the position you are responsible for driving and delivering continuous improvement, the day to day running of the site, ensuring efficient and effective performance in the warehouse.
The Successful candidate must have:
- Have a good level of English
- Proficient on computers (Excel, Word, Reporting)
- Five years Managerial/Supervisory experience
- Be an excellent timekeeper
- Safety Awareness
Skills & Experience Required:
- Ensure staff carry out their duties in accordance with procedures
- Be responsible for the cleanliness of the warehouse and ensure vehicles keep to effective warehouse times.
- Implement new ways of working for the best practice utilisation of people and resources available to you in order to provide best in class customer satisfaction both internal and external.
- Ensure that all H&S processes are fully complied with.
- Ensure that all Quality Standards are fully complied with.
- Motivate all employees by managing and monitoring all employee matters such as job objectives, appraisals and reviews to best practice agreed standards.
- Conduct team briefs to foster and promote good communications across the team and the Depot in general.
- Implement best in class holiday and resource planning to maximise work efficiency.
- Ensure TMS is kept updated and any adjustments are sent for Payroll on a weekly basis
- Be prepared to carry out any specific project work as required.
- Shift work.
- 5 over 7 days.
- Reporting into the warehouse manager.