Monday - Friday
About the role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to recruit a Calibrator based at our site at the Berkeley Power Station in Berkeley, Gloucestershire. You will join a team that has vast experience in Nuclear Engineering and provide professionally competent specialist services to our many clients.
Using your experience, you will carry out all the duties of a Calibration Technician to deliver technical support to our instrumentation support team including in depth calibration activities.
This is a highly rewarding position working within a market leading nuclear engineering organisation. We support UK and international nuclear power stations with a range of services and strive to be best in class across our various contracts.
We are happy to provide expert training in the below areas if required:
- Developing calibration and testing protocols
- Maintaining technical documentation
- Undertaking instrument type-testing to underpin instrument suitability and usage
- Providing Qualified Person duties as required
- Carrying out technical internal audits
- Provide technical supervision and training to the Metrology team.
- Undertake calibration and minor repairs of instrumentation, as required, in support of Metrology operations and helping to maintain technical knowledge of RPI.
- Ability to work with integrity and impartially, and deliver a high standard of service.
- Support best practice initiatives and improvement activities.
- Undertake other tasks as required to contribute to the safe and efficient operation of the Metrology team.
What else do I need to know?
* The role will be based in the Berkeley, Gloucestershire.
* Nuclear experience is not a necessity, applications from all engineering domains will be welcomed
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.