Manpower are currently recruiting for a Gate/Maintenance Operative for a prestigious global organisation based in their Nuneaton Depot.
As a Maintenance Operative you will be responsible for ensuring the safe access/egress and transport management of the site to control the flow traffic in and out of the Depot. To assist in the off-hiring and Quality Inspecting of inbound and outbound units.
Main Duties will include;
- Issue security passes, check and issue PPE, and site health and safety inductions where appropriate Ensure any vehicle manoeuvres are safe and do not put anyone in danger
- Meet all site traffic at the front gate and direct them safely through the site Complete gate logs tracking all inbound and outbound movements
- Ensure prioritisation of deliveries where required
- Present a positive image of the company to all visitors and offer assistance at all times
- Liaise with site staff to plan ahead for the day's delivery and despatch schedule
- General tidying and housekeeping duties
- Lock up the gate at the end of the day
- Continuously checking and working to Elliott quality standards in line with customer expectations.
- To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
Suitable candidates will have
- Ability to work as an individual as well as part of a team
- Has a strong work ethic.
- Flexible attitude to working.
- Capable of working to and achieving set targets/deadlines.
Work Experience/Qualifications required
- Basic understanding and acceptance of Health & Safety rules.
- Slinger signaller experience/ certificate ideal but training will be given
- Banksman experience/ certificate ideal but training will be given Willingness to work outside Assisting in other activities as required
- Experience within yard security (Preferred but not essential)
This is a permanent position paying £18k per annum with rotational shift patterns.