Our client is a leading electronic manufacturing solutions provider in Dublin. The business itself employs over 180,000 plus people across 100 varying sites around the world.
They're now looking for an experienced Environmental Health and Safety Officer to join their team on a new project, due to expansion in the wider business.
- Competitive salary.
- 22 days annual leave.
- Defined pension contribution (upon successful completion of probation period).
- Healthcare package (upon successful completion of probation period).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans.
- Ensure site compliance with EPA licence.
- Coordinate all aspects of environmental health and safety.
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices.
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and keep up to date with Irish, European Union and international regulation and legislation.
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies.
- Audit and report environmental performance to internal and external regulatory bodies.
- Carry out impact assessments to identify and reduce the organisations environmental risks and financial costs.
- Update environmental management systems to continually improve the impact of the organisation on the environment.
- Negotiate environmental service agreements and manage associated costs and revenues.
- Set organisational sustainability targets, developing plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery.
- 2+ years H+S experience in a waste management environment is highly advantageous.
- Third level qualification in environmental science.
- IOSH qualification desirable.
- Good understanding of Environmental issues.
- Strong understanding of Waste Regulations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, with the ability to prioritise and work in a busy environment.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
For more information on this role or potential other opportunities, contact Gary Morrison on 016455221 or email@example.com .