A rapidly growing manufacturing firm near Oxford is looking for an experienced wet laminator / composite technician to manufacture high quality GRP moulded components due to increased sales. Trimming, preparation and assembly of moulded components and related assemblies to meet production targets as defined by the Manufacturing Manager.
Maintain and promote high standards of workmanship and Undertake any additional tasks that may be requested by management to meet the companies' objectives. To ensure best working practices are upheld and company HSE policy is adhered to.
Working as part of a team to produce high quality moulded components,
you will be engaged in various activities associated with the manufacture of GRP
mouldings to supply our production assembly line.
* Cutting and preparation of Reinforcement and core materials
* Preparation and routine maintenance of production mould tooling.
* Brush and spray application of gelcoats, mixing and wet laminating polyester resins. Repair and finishing of gelcoat surfaces.
* Working to laminate drawings to prepare components for resin infusion.
* Trimming and grinding of demoulded components. Finishing and quality inspection of finished mouldings.
* Cutting, drilling and assembly operations.
* Assist in other areas of the manufacturing process as direct by the Manufacturing Manager.
* Assist in the training of personnel including new production operatives as and when required.
* Ensure work stations are maintained in a clean and tidy state
* Ensure tools and other equipment are maintained correctly, reporting any breakages/faults to Production Manager
* Involvement in regular tidy-up of general workshop and yard areas.
* Uphold company HSE standards and report any shortfalls.
Hours are Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm, competitive salary 23 days holiday, Bupa and Pension and free parking.