Fire & Security Engineer
Location: North West
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temporary (Potential in moving to permanent)
As a Fire and Security Alarm Engineer, you'll provide support at sites throughout the North West. You will be working on your own or as part of a team. The Engineer will work with customers, sub-contractors and Engineers. The engineer will report into the Area Manager.
- Servicing, installing and commissioning fire and intruder alarms, CCTV and access control systems at sites across the North West.
- The technician will be completing technical installation, routine service calls and dealing with fault calls. The technician will be expected to solve problems within the defined area, or sites. At this level the technician will be expected to have a good level of knowledge across CCTV, Access Control, Intruder, Fire and Digital Media Networks
- Complete work that is allocated on time by managing own diary to ensure allocated work is completed on time.
- Responding to out of hours calls whilst covering on call duty.
What is Offered:
- Additional benefits include company van, fuel card, tools, laptop and mobile phone.
- You'll be employed on a temporary contract, working 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Flexibility will be required to cover on call duty.
- This is a truly great opportunity and the successful candidate will receive a very competitive salary package, ongoing training & additional benefits.
- This is a great opportunity and if excel within the role will be more than likely be moved to permanent .
- Full clean UK driving license. (Some points considered)
- Positive attitude and great communication skills as dealing with clients daily.
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative.
- Apply technical knowledge in order to diagnose, problem solve and develop solutions to faults.
- Direct and take personal responsibility for running technical performance of customer defined mission critical equipment and buildings.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to other staff and customers in order to resolve problems.
- Ensure that work completed on site and on project fully conforms to relevant company, customer and legal standards.
- Responsible for delivery of the contract, including the cost, quality, timeliness of work completed.
- Manage relationship with customer and liaise with customer to ensure customer is kept fully informed and project a positive professional image of self and PFSL.
- Ensure that work completed on site/project/contract fully conforms to relevant company, customer and legal standards and H&S procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and commercial awareness.
- Ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision
- Expert fault finding, providing advice and guidance to others across all systems (e.g. highly complex Access + Alarm + CCTV systems + DMN systems)
- The successful candidate must have recent relevant experience within fire and security service industry and accredited or work towards British Standards and/or equivalent.
- Experienced in training on new products.
- Providing high levels of customer service.
- The technician will be expected to have a good level of knowledge across CCTV, Access Control, Intruder/Fire and DMN
Due to the nature of the business, successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory DBS and BS7858 checks.
Please contact me for more information:
Mobile: 07483 361 080