Manpower are currently recruiting a specification writer on behalf of our client in the Grimsby area.
Reporting into the Quality Systems Manager, the Specification Writer will have project management responsibility for specifications for major retail customers to enable products to be launched on time into the market place and ensure product labelling across the range of products meets food safety, quality and legal standards.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with major supermarkets.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Play a central role in the NPD & Technical function providing administration and information to various internal departments.
- Completion of specification amendments.
- Accurately generate new specifications both internal and external to ensure customer needs are met.
- Proactively gather information from suppliers.
- Work in an accurate and timely manner on customer web-based systems.
- Accurately generates new line forms, submission forms and packaging data for new products.
- Attend internal NPD / project meetings.
- Provide support during site audits / product launches.
- Complete routine tasks without being prompted including any other duties relating to this role.
- Fluent in writing specifications using APP & Evision, MyCore, Hive and TQC/TTL.
- Available for an immediate start.
- Experience in working within a food manufacturing technical and/or process development role.
- Excellent understanding of food manufacturing processes and development from concept approval through to launch.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to deal with employees at all levels within the organisation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects to a successful conclusion before the deadline set.
This is a full-time role, initially for a period of four weeks with an opportunity for the duration to be extended.
If you are interested please telephone Manpower on 01472 361616 between 0800 and 1800 Monday - Friday or email to arrange an immediate interview.