HGV Mechanic to train as a CVRT Technical Inspector for AA Ireland. This particular position will be based Cork region.This role is a full time, permanent roles.
Hours:40 hours per week,8am - 6pm, 5 days pw covering Monday - Saturday. Permanent Position
Salary:The AA offer a very competitive salary plus a pension 5%, 23 days holidays pa, Life Cover, full expenses and a company vechicle.
Technical Inspectors role overview:
- To provide supervision services of the NCT and CVRT and other areas as required by the business (Road / Fleet).
- Conduct inspections at National Car Testing Centres to ensure tests are conducted to the highest standards and in line with documented procedures
- Conduct inspections at CVRT Testing Centres to ensure tests are conducted to the highest standards and in line with documented procedures*Conduct Inspections at CVR Operator premises to ensure that they are operating within legislation.
- Supervise NCT Consistency Checks to ensure they are conducted using correct procedures and produce accurate results
- Conduct CVRT Testing Centre consistency checks to ensure that test equipment produces uniform readings
- Produce reports following inspections
- Provide support to the business in other tasks, projects and areas as they arise.
- Time served Qualified HGV / Agricultural / Heavy Diesel Engine Light/HGV Mechanic/Technician*IMI and/or IRTE qualified
- Experience in a similar role would be an advantage.*Experience dealing with business and public customers essential.
- Motor trade (service advisor, parts sales, or similar) experience a benefit.
- Previous experience in DOE Testing would be an advantage
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.*An ability to work on own initiative while operating to tight deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) proficiency required.ECDL, advanced Microsoft Office, or similar course a benefit.
- *Specific role related training provided
If you are interested in the Technical Inspector role for the AA Ireland please do apply through the site with your CV or email John Finn at ManpowerGroup.
Please note: In advance of confirming any interviews that I set up, candidates must to be able to provide proof of the following (these are non-negotiable factors for approval)National Craft Certificate or equivalent qualification to at least FETAC Level 6 in the skill area of Light Vehicle, HGV, Agricultural or Construction Mechanic. The candidate must supply evidence that their qualification meets this level. (e.g. a transcript/verification statement/certificate from the awarding body)Where the candidates qualification is in the field of heavy commercial vehicles, at least 12 months' work experience repairing and maintaining heavy CVR vehicles post qualificationWhere the candidates qualification is in the field of light commercial vehicles, at least 18 months' work experience repairing and maintaining heavy CVR vehicles post qualification.