Manpower is currently recruiting for x2 MIG Welders to work in the outskirts of Oxford on a temporary permanent basis starting immediately, working Monday - Thursday 7.00am - 4.30pm and Friday`s 7.00am - 11am. Due to the location of the factory OWN transport is essential as there is NO public transport to the location. You will be required to carry out skilled MIG welding work including inspection, planning, preparation and cutting, checking/testing; to fabricate, repair, maintain and install metal item, checking/ testing whilst performing the allocated tasks to meet applicable safety standards, targets, criteria and deadlines and to maximise productivity and profitability.
Duties will include;
- Understand plans and requirements for each task
- Prepare/cut required shapes and weld according to structure plans
- Carry out skilled MIG welding work
- Inspection, diagnosing problems and carry out appropriate checking/testing
- Use grinders to smooth and clean as appropriate prior to and after welding
- Effectively operate welding units and equipment to fabricate, repair, maintain and install metal items equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures etc
- Inspect work and fill/repair as necessary
- Assemble component parts using appropriate hand/small power tools.
- Identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair to ensure compliance with applicable codes, law, working practices and health and safety
- Clean and maintain all equipment and tools and maintain a clean working area
- Assist team members on projects to ensure smooth operations and to ensure targets are met
- Effectively liaise and communicate and maintain a good relationship with team members, contractors/suppliers and other stakeholders as required
- Maintain accurate records/documentation associated with your work
- Ensure compliance with health and safety and all related legal/statutory regulations, policies and procedures, codes, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations and insert as applicable
- Previous Welding and Fabrication experience
- Ability to read drawings
- Must be able to work within a team as well as independently
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Full driving licence
Also be aware that on the offer of an interview you will be requested to perform a weld test. Please contact Manpower today for more information.