My Client is a Global leader in recycling & has achieved World Class Manufacturing status for the work they conduct as part supply chains to several household branded goods. Due to large contracts & recent acquisitions I am now looking to introduce a Multi-Skilled (electrically biased) Shift Maintenance Technician. As Technician, you will play a critical role in improving the reliability of onsite heavy electro-mechanical equipment. You will work in conjunction with operations and other maintenance employees, assisting in troubleshooting systems, coordinating project work and maintaining equipment functionality - reporting directly to the Maintenance Coordinator on site.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- As a key team member, all candidates must have 5 years maintenance experience and be qualified to a minimum
- ONC (HNC Preferred) in Electrical / Control Engineering discipline.
- Requirements for Electrical Installations (18th Edition is Preferred).
- Have good working knowledge of PLC's and ladder logic
- Have a working knowledge of basic hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience in interpretation of engineering drawings, including electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
- Capacity to troubleshoot and repair low voltage circuits and equipment along with AC motor drives
- Responsible for the build and install electrical panels and install conduit and wiring up to 415VAC
- Use volt/ohm/milliamp meters and disconnect/reconnect components up to 415VAC
- Analyse production processes and work to devise and implement solutions and improvements
- Perform basic rigging/lifting
- Use a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and other business system tools (Pi, Power Bi and Ezlabour)
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
Additional desirable considerations
- Working knowledge of combustion control systems
- Experience leading or participating in World Class Manufacturing (WCM) projects
- Experience using SAP (CMMS)
- Experience working in confined spaces and at height
- Working in heat >40° C as will be working in proximity & close to the furnaces & burners
- Lifting to 50 lbs (22kg) with lift assist when necessary
- Working 12-hour shifts, including nights and weekends
What will your day look like?
- You will be responsible for the completion or all work in a safe, timely, professional manner
- Analyse production process or part problems and work to devise and implement solutions and improvements
- Complete PMs as assigned
- Troubleshoot and improve electro-mechanical systems
- Document activities in the CMMS and/or other business system tools
- Mentor and develop engineering apprentices
- Familiarisation with all necessary test equipment and correct troubleshooting procedures to assist or initiate action in any equipment related problem
- Monitor and maintain instrumentation and control devices & participate in and/or lead the start-up and testing of new electrical/electronic equipment, & instrumentation and control devices
Does this look like your next opportunity or challenge?
Click apply or call me to discuss