Due to expansion our well established client is looking for a KCC Housing Officer to cover the Kent area.
Reporting to the Regional Contracts Manager, your role involves inspection and management of properties used by Service Users (SUs). This role involves working from home with daily travel to provide direct support and management to the Service Users.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supporting the Service User (SU)
- Manage a caseload of Service Users.
- Attend dispersal and conduct induction of SU into property.
- Sign-post as necessary to doctors, shops, support agencies etc.
- Conduct monthly visits and report any incidents, SU issues, absconsions etc.
- Ensure SU's are Moved On no later than the last date of payments.
- Arrange initial transport of SU's to their accommodation or any relocation as required.
- Ensure that health and safety of SU's are maintained at all times.
- Complete weekly welfare checks of the SU's.
Managing a property portfolio
- Conduct inspections and report defects as required.
- Ensure all items within property are replaced /repaired as required in line with inventory procedure.
- Make recommendations to line manager regarding any relocations of SU's and termination of properties to provide more efficient use of portfolio/void management.
- Prepare property for re-occupation after SU's move on.
- Ensure terminated properties are effectively prepared for hand back to landlord.
- Ensure the properties are maintained according to Health and Safety guidelines and company procedures.
- Ensure stores are maintained in line with purchasing procedure.
- Liaise regularly with line manager and team members.
- Helping/providing cover for other team members as required.
- Keep up to date with all written and verbal communications (i.e. emails/messages/calls).
- Ensure all records are maintained and kept up to date according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate property certification documentation is produced and recorded.
- Liaise closely with SU's, line manager, team members and other staff.
- Assist in the local stakeholder involvement process by attending meetings as required.
- Liaise with local support agencies to ensure relationships are maintained.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous housing/property experience
- Good office administration and organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of initiative
- Smart professional presentation
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Software
- Full driving licence and a car owner
In return, you will benefit from 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days with service, pension and life insurance.
Hours: Mon-Fri 40 hours per week 8.30am-5pm
Salary: £19,500 plus fuel allowance
Interested in this permanent role covering the Kent area? Please email your CV or contact me on 07483 340870.